Gain the confidence and tools needed to hone in on your ideas and make your home complete.
Your professional designer BFF here to guide you through pulling together an entire home or a single room.
Pull up a kitchen stool and let's sip on some iced coffee while we work through all of your
home decor questions.
There is nothing better than working through a home design process in a step-by-step organized system. It can be easier said than done when you have the mindset that everything must happen at once [pro-tip: it can’t!].
Once you get a feel for our go-to home design process, it is incredible how much weight is lifted off of your design decision shoulders. Check out where we start and finish below 👇
1. Gathering: Kick off your design process by pulling all of your inspiration, samples, and ideas together in one place.
2. Planning: Imagine your inspiration in your space. Start thinking in 2D and 3D.
What does your ideal layout look like? Does it work? What can be tweaked to make it work? There is always a solution.
3. Sourcing: Where would you love to be comfortable making purchases?
4. Budgeting: Reference actual items you are drawn to and understand your realistic maximum budget. Then document your budget goals.
5. Purchasing*: Organize your selections. Measure a few times and purchase once. Document your purchases for tracking.
6. Installing*: Prepare your space by clearing out the excess and making room for new. Place one item at a time. Don’t doubt yourself through the process.
7. Styling: Gather more artwork and accessories than you think you need. Add one layer of artwork and accessories at a time. Start with function, and then add the real personality-filled conversation starters.
8. Enjoying: I love guiding you through loving your home, being proud of how far you have come through the home design process, and really enjoying your space!
* If you are working through construction, these phases can involve your demo process. Depending on lead times and ease of measuring prior to construction, schedule your purchases accordingly. If your space needs to evolve before an accurate measure can be taken… hold off on your purchases until you know you are in the clear!
The MMDH Furnishing Method is a clutch tool to walk you through all of the above and soak in a couple of decades of professional experience in six easy-to-follow modules. This course will help you create a functional, beautiful, and personalized space that reflects your own style and personality. Included are detailed instructions on everything from streamlining curated inspiration to ordering the right scaled furniture for your space, PLUS 24/7 access to a sounding board of like-minded homeowners [and me 😉] in our digital student community.
If you’re feeling motivated about your home design projects, but need more guidance to get it done, sign up for The MMDH Furnishing Method today!
SHOP THE MMDH LOOK
Lots of fresh home inspo and decorating tips are to be discovered on our Pinterest boards!
INTERIOR DESIGNER, EDUCATOR, MOM OF 2, CURATOR, HOMEBODY, ANTHEM LOVER, OPEN-MINDED LEARNER, AND RESOURCE FOR YOU...
I love the hunt for diamonds in the rough, the art of styling unexpected combinations that speak to you, and the process of helping you curate a home that basically gives you a massive hug as you walk in the door.